Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Whole Wheat Croutons... YUM!

These are some healthy croutons that I HAD to make last night! I made a yummy Turkey Soup but it needed a companion... Whole Wheat Croutons!

Preheat oven at 240 degrees, cut about 5 slices of whole wheat bread. In another bowl mix 1/4 of olive oil, sprinkle some dried herbs like basil and/or oregano and a tiny bit of iodized sea salt. I would skip the salt if I am using this for soup since I am sure the soup is already salted. Sprinkle mix to the cut bread just make sure you don't put too much, as long as the pieces are moist...

Bake for 10 minutes over a cookie sheet, toss around with spatula and bake for another 10 minutes! VOILA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will definitely try this out, I have been wanting to make my own croutons for a while, I just didn't know how to tackle this. Thanks