Friday, October 31, 2008

My Halloween Project!

Boy this was fun! My youngest daughter is going to be a flower princess-fairy and this is what I came up with!





I am still battling to make her a tiara or just a flower band for her head, but I did make her the wings but haven't attached them yet to the dress, still thinking if should I attach them to the dress or just put some strings of clear elastic and have her wear the wings through her arms... Anyways... Here is a tutorial of how I made her wings since I didn't have panty hose or tights, I only had a lot of tulle...

Tie 2 wire hangers with some yarn:


Shape the wires to make fairy or angel wings, then tie strips of tulle to it all around. Mine were about 9" long.


Ta-dah!
Very simple and fun to make :)

I will come back later to post pictures of the whole costume together... stay tuned and have a wonderful Halloween!

Update: It was hit and the most important... My daughter loved it! :)


3 comments:

Fiona said...

That is such a pretty costume. Turned out beautifully - and she looks really happy in it, too!

enithhernandez said...

Thank U! :)

Lory said...

Awww, she looks absolutely adorable! :):):)

Hugs,
Lory