Friday, May 2, 2008

Gerber Pre-Folds, not so great!

I was so disappointed when I bought these pre-folds in the first place! Yes they were cheap but they were not absorbent at all and my babies kept leaking every time they were using them. So I decided to take them apart and see what they have inside... They have a layer of Poly batting material in the middle, this material is NOT absorbent at all...

After I took them apart, I have doubled (in 2) and folded them up and made a straight stitch around them, then a 3 step zig zag stitch right against the edge since I don't have a serger. Now I have a nice stash of fluffy birdseye pre-fold, ready to be worn by my baby :)

Here you can see the pre-fold as a single layer (folded as a pre-fold)

This picture shows the stitches (straight then 3 step zig zag all around)


See how 'fluffy' they look now with 2 layers?!?!

No comments: